Monday, September 23, 2013

9/23/13 Week in Review.

Here in Ohio, the temperature has been fluctuating like a crazy hormonal hot mess of a creature.  Low 70's one day, high 80's the next with crazy humidity.  I guess the saying is true - If you don't like the weather in Ohio, wait 30 minutes.   It's been temperamental to say the least.

Even with all the crazy fluctuations, I have managed to mentally prepare myself for fall.  I love each of the 4 seasons and feel blessed to live in a climate where I get to experience each equally.  (Ok, winter seems like it keeps it's death grip on Ohio for longer than necessary... but still....)  

I love Fall.  I think it's because of all the Nature themed activities I manage to cram into these blessed lovely months before the snow starts to fly.  My niece and I are simpatico in that respect.  We both made our Fall bucket lists this past week and we have a few items that are identical.  :)  Yet another reason why I love that little punk.


This is the Punk's Fall Bucket List.  It's hard to read but her list includes:  Rake...then Jump <into a pile of leaves>, Get a nice jacket, Walk around the neighborhood, Haunted Greenhouse, Apple Picking, and Pumpkin patch. 


And here is my Fall Bucket List.  We have::  Go to Pigeon Roost with my heathen nieces, Pumpkin Patch, Corn 'Maize', Fall Festival or Renaissance Festival, Haunted House, Fall Hike, Apple Picking, Bake 'Yummies', Secondhand Sweater, Leaf Pile, Bonfire. 

As you can see, mine is a bit more substantial, but The Punk and I will be attending a lot of these events together.   

This weekend we took care of both my sweater, and her jacket thanks to a local thrift store. And I baked A LOT of 'yummies' this week.  Here is some photographic proof:::

Apple Cake with Caramel-y Glazey Goodness -----and----- Pumpkin Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze

Pumpkin Waffles with 100% Pure Ohio Maple Syrup

I also made a Pumpkin loaf that to me was not impressive although the ladies at work didn't seem to have many complaints.  I also tried a pumpkin spice crock pot latte recipe that I found on Pinterest that the work ladies loved as well.  I was again less than impressed.  I guess I'm a little picky about my pumpkin love.  The apple cake was TO DIE FOR.  The pumpkin cookies were also pretty good.  The waffles?  They were waffles.  I have no complaints.  :)  

I have also been a crafty goddess recently.  I crocheted some cat toys and a dog sweater.  I made a cat bed for my Kitt-eh, Myrrh.  I also got 2 sweaters from the thrift store that I intend to turn into dog beds.... even if it kills me :)    Here are some pics of what I've accomplished thus far::: 

  

And Lastly::: A picture of the Kitten for good measure:::  

Myrrh-Cat

That's pretty much been my life as of late.   I look forward to showing you my completed dog sweater beds.   I am also working on turning a wooden ladder into a fabulous cat tree for the Myrrh-Cat.  I got the ladder last night from my Grandmother, set it up, and the kitten was climbing all over it and I haven't even added anything.  :)  I think it's a go.  

S&S, 
Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment