Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What's in a name?


So, What exactly is a girl who lives right smack dab in the middle of Ohio doing with a blog about Starfish and Sandcastles? 

Well. That's a legit question, now isn't it. 

My blog is less about Starfish and Sandcastles than it is about the joy I find in life. When I was younger, I lived for our family vacations to the beach in Florida. Even today, one of my favorite places to visit is the Gulf Coast of Florida. Water to me is soothing and I feel centered being around water. It's probably a result of being a fire sign. (Leos in the house?) I also associate starfish with the poem about starfish found here. I try to live my life based on the principles found within that poem. What transpires over the life of this blog may not make sense to anyone else but me. However, if I touch even one person then I believe my blogging efforts will be well served.


What's the deal with Sandcastles then? 

Who doesn't freaking love a sandcastle? It symbolizes childhood freedom. Joy. Laughter. Fun in the sun. Summer vacation. Life. It signifies the way I strive to live my life and view others around me. That's the deal with Starfish and Sandcastles. I could have easily called the blog 'Wackadoodle Watermelon-head', but 'Starfish and Sandcastles' seemed far more appropriate. It's what my life is about as opposed to what others think of me from outward appearances.

So, Here's to Starfish and Sandcastles, may they light your life with the sunlight and warmth of summer.

 -the Wackadoodle Watermelon-head ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment